Download Grandia Redux 3.02 Votes
Grandia ReDux is a mod which vastly improves Grandia's gameplay by refining certain gameplay elements within the game.
What's New in Version 3.0 (See full changelog)
- 1. Difficulty level
- Enemies have all been made stronger so that combat is more satisfying or challenging, especially in the main story.
- The abusive recovery option has been removed from a majority of savepoints. However, enemies will now drop more recovery items to make sure it's not too easy to run out of resources.
- 2. Skills and magic
- All skills and magic have been re-balanced in a number of ways.
- Certain skills and magic have had their damage or healing effects increased or reduced.
- SP and MP costs for most skills and magic have been greatly increased, or in other cases, decreased.
- Buffs and Debuffs now have an improved role within the game and also now scale with magic level.
- IP cancelling have been changed for a majority of skills and magic. For example, lower level magic such as Burn or Howl have an increased chance to cancel attacks than higher level magic, making them much more useful at later stages of the game.
- IP knockback has been changed for a majority of skills and magic. Most AoE skills and magic now cause no IP knockback.
- Weapon or magic EXP gained from certain skills and magic have been changed. For example, single target abilities now provide more EXP, while AoE abilities a bit less (or a lot in some cases).
- The radius or target mechanics of some skills and magic have been changed.
- Requirements for spells and skills have been changed
- NEW spells and skills
- 3. Items
- Certain items have been re-balanced.
- Prices of certain items have been increased or decreased.
- Some items now have different or new properties.
- Certain shops now sell different items or additional ones.
- NEW items!
- 4. Character statistics
- All eight characters or party members have had their statistics re-balanced.
- All characters start off with much higher MP than before. Due to the fact that spells now cost a lot more MP than before, this change was needed. This change will allow you to use magic more freely at the start of the game as a result.
- Characters now learn different spells.