.CE Version was Updated. Should be more stable.
Download: Patched and Unpatched versions in a .Zip File
Hello there, this is a mod I made some time ago but just now it is becoming a little popular. It changes the AI of some monsters and NPCs from Dark Souls to make them notice you and attack you from long distances. This makes the game significantly harder.
A mod made for Dark Souls. Changes include:
- No more invisible barriers for enemies
- Enemies start walking towards you from far away
- Some npc's will follow you around. This is a collateral effect of the mod. It will make a little harder to keep some of them alive.
You will be amaze how this small change transforms the entire Dark Souls experience.
Versions of the mod:
There is Two versions you can chose from:
You can only use the mod on the pre-patched version of the game.
For that you can unpatch your version:
The last version of Dark Souls so far.
To use the mod, simple open dark souls. Open the mod and press the checkbox.
You will need to install cheat engine to use this file:
There are tons of tutorials online how to use the software, but i will put a simple step-to-step here:
- Open Dark Souls
- Go to "File->Open process"
- Find DATA.exe
- Go to "File->Load" and find the .CE file
- Activate the "XLive Cheat Detection Disabler"
- Press the checkbox on "DISABLE Xlive Cheat Detection (Version 1)"
- Press the checkbox on "DISABLE Xlive Cheat Detection (Version 2)"
- Turn on the checkbox on "Aggression Mod"
- Thats it
My anti-virus goes nuts on the file.
Since the mod handle the binary code of another application, some anti-virus think that he is a virus and give false positives.
I uploaded a .CE version of the mod, this way you can open it on cheat engine and don't have to worry about malicious code.
The game crash after some minutes.
This is because the XCode Cheat detection is still on, check again the .CE tutorial.
There is no .EXE for the patched version?
Not yet, hope you find no trouble using the .CE for now.
What the mod do exactly?
It take the resting position of the monsters and place on top of your character.
It support Coop and Invasion?
It should as long is in your world.
Any plans for other mods?
Can i upload this somewhere else?
Whoever is updating the XCode script
The CE Community
Patched and Unpatched versions in a .Zip File