Updates! (Version 2.00)
11 January 2016 - 12:25 PM
1. Fixed a bug where certain units that were supposed to be immortal weren't. Whoops..
2. New healing formulas! Chakra and Faith based heals now use a quadratic formula. Chakra formula = (PA+y)*PA/2 HP, MP 1/2 this amount. Faith based formula = (fa1*fa2/10000) * (MA+Y)*MA/2, with 19% status proc. This helps to bring some consistency to the game (making healing relevant at any level, and making the majority of heals that reverse on undead faith based) and make things more interesting (if I can have a damage spell that procs Frog, why not have a healing spell that procs Reraise?).
3. Draw out change! New formula = MA *(PA*y/8), part in ()'s rounds down always. This replaces all of the MA*Y formulas.
4. New support: Sicken - Poisons units brought into critical by this unit's physical attack. Given innately to Morbols (all of them), Eidolon, Mad King.
5. Random battle improvement - More enemies possible in the # 2-4 battles. Some tougher enemies given consistent drops. The only way to get ch 4 equipment as drops is via beating one of the tougher enemies. Some notable battles thus far:
Of course, more stuff can be added to some random battles in a later edition still.
6. Plague now has Full Bloom in place of Cure (which would be ridiculously OP with the new formula). Holy Dragon now has Moogle in place of Spirit of Life. A couple other moveset tweaks here and there.
7. All problems caused by ASM that made the game not work on some emulators have been fixed.
21 January 2016 - 07:29 AM
1. Draw out changed to a magic quadratic (ma+y)*ma/2. This fixes the display error.
2. Black Hole glitch removed from Rofel's battle. If anyone else comes across a black hole, please let me know immediately what map it's on. A black hole is a black crystal that causes the game to implode on itself if anyone touches it.
3. Serpentarius's stats lowered slightly.
4. HP is now uncapped. What this means, is it's possible to come across a non-??? with more than 999 hp. This will only happen at very high lv in random battles or DD (Serpentarius > lv 50, Nuclear Bomb > lv 65 or so, or some DD stuff with equipment). Reason this is done is for better DD balance. It allows ???'s to equip anything without the game capping, and makes it impossible to overlevel to where an extra 500 hp from armors won't come into play.
5. Several things' reaction abilities have changed. I did this because I discovered the technical reason behind some abilities not stacking correctly.
29 January 2016 - 07:19 AM
1. Eventing changes (Ch 1, early ch 2)! These are for comedic relief. Enjoy!
2. New formulas. Several abilities can now double cast (19%) or proc other spells. Like Outrage/Force Palm in earlier versions, but with far more interesting options available. Let me know of any issues with these, haven't encountered any yet.
3. Several human classes have gotten some new stat tweaks, to better differentiate from each other and allow for some interesting combos. For example, Time Mage = +1 speed, +MP, much lower HP/PA/MA.
4. Due to a bug in previous versions that caused Delita and Algus to randomly have no abilities in ch 1, they are new classes. Delita is a mastered Knight with Item secondary, Algus is a mastered Chemist. Items equipped are randomized. This gives more options for them in their battles. Boss Algus and ch 2-4 Delita is unaffected by these changes.
29 January 2016 - 08:19 AM
No mastered Chemist Flotiball boss?
29 January 2016 - 02:45 PM
03 February 2016 - 07:13 AM
1. "Back path" of Goug Machine City open now in Ch 2. This allows a player to prepare for Barius Valley and Golgorand Execution Site by recruiting/buying whatever they want before these battles. Note that opening the back path is triggered by beating Goug Machine City, so if your save is after this battle it's not going to work. Looks a bit like this:
2. A certain Finger Guard exploit on a few battles has been removed. Instead of working like a reaction (where it stops working once you Stop a unit, but starts working again if Stop is cleared, for example), it now properly blocks the formulas it's supposed to block always. Sorry guys...
3. Harps changed to cast a status effect at 100% instead of dealing damage.
4. Tooltips a bit clearer on some weapons.
5. Deep Dungeon battle prototypes. PM me for details on these if you've already beaten a couple DD battles.
6. A couple new events in ch 2, again for comedic relief. Enjoy!
09 February 2016 - 09:42 PM
1. New story battle at Igros Castle ch 1 (after Mandalia Plains). This is an easy boss battle, helps to display some of the capabilities of later classes in the game.
2. New story battle at Warjilis Port. Watch out for the deep water here!
3. New story battle at Zarghidas Slums. This one's quite tricky, but it's ch 4...
4. New enemy: Star Turtle, found in random battles and a few other places.
5. Black hole glitch removed from Dolbodor Swamp and Terminate 3. Bug where sometimes the wrong type of tree appears at Zirekile East fixed. A couple other minor bugs/typos fixed.
6. Deep Dungeon:
Confirmed as possible:
Not yet tested or confirmed as possible:
18 February 2016 - 07:35 AM
1. New battle Mandalia 2 - added in between the Thief Fort and Miluda 2 sequence. This battle takes place in the sunset.
2. New battle Zaland 2 - Takes place immediately after Zaland 1 with a save point in between.
3. A few abilities have been replaced with things less redundant. Zen Headbutt given to Monks and Goblin Engineer in place of Secret Fist (Holy Damage, Physical, Procs Head Break). A few others too.
4. A few things have been streamlined under the hood... For those who've played an old version you might notice a slight difference in how some things are displayed:
5. Zalmo 1 cutscene shortened significantly. It seemed cruel having a 31 line unskippable scene before a common wipe point.
6. Wiegraf in the book storage ch 3 now requires killing his whole squad.
7. Untested DD:
22 February 2016 - 07:03 AM
1. Bugged formation at Goland fixed.
2. New battle at Lionel Gate. This battle happens after Barius Hill and before meeting Draclau for the first time. Draclau's scene rewritten to make sense with a battle preceding it.
3. New battle at Goug Machine City. This one happens in the city, before reaching the regular (slums) battle.
4. New characters join at ch 3 and 4 start. This change was made because of OCD (now you get 3 characters at the start of each ch other than 1) and to give players additional options for the tougher battles of ch 3 and 4.