Minor bugs and Feedback
04 February 2016 - 03:54 AM
I've just reached Watery Pass Lake, and so far, no real trouble, I really like this mod. The fight against Rubicant was somewhat harder than the rest, but once the strategy has been figured out, it's just a matter of keeping HP and MP at a decent level.
I've encountered a couple of bugs, some minor, one or two really annoying, so I thought I might point them here (as there isn't a bug report topic yet).
1. Let's start with the worst one : Tellah's ability "Train" makes the game crash. Everytime. I can go on without using it though.
2. Rosa's "Pray" cast Death on the party, everytime. I don't know if it's the 20% fail that's mentionned in the read me, but I have yet to see its success.
3. Edward "Sing" failed to work everytime I used it. I haven't tried it a lot though.
4. Minor text bug. Whenever I use the "Focus" ability, the text for "Romeo's Ballad" shows up.
5. While changing equips for Yang, I noticed that when I exchange the weapon that was in the Left Hand with one in the inventory, the one that was equipped beforehand just vanishes into thin air (I lost the Ice claw without noticing it).
I believe that is all. Dark Wave seems to become useless (and by that I mean the damage output isn't significant anymore) around the Antlion's Nest, but I guess it's normal. Other than that, great mod. I spent hours playing without noticing them.
EDIT : Now that I think about it, I can't remember which rom I patched. Maybe all those bugs come from a bad rom to begin with. I'll double check.
EDIT : My bad, the rom I used was headered I guess (that what you get from patching on a smartphone). Patched again on a clean unheadered one, everything seems fine, except the bug with Yang's weapons.
04 February 2016 - 06:48 PM
I did it around the Antlion cave so I don't know if there is anything later in the game that makes the 1.0 version unplayable, but I did totally get a kick out the negative answer to Rosa's prayers--don't anger the final fantasy gods I guess.
EDIT: Red Dust I didn't see your edit so I guess you've already got it set. Anyway, while we're on the topic of Yang's claws, from what I could tell (it's tough when there is so much variance in damage) the game only applies elemental/racial modifiers once when its calculating damage, so you don't need to do what I foolishly did and double up on elemental claws hoping you could get even more damage out of it. This means that you can always be running 2 elements with Yang and that its worth keeping the silver knife around for edge to get the bonus against undead.
04 February 2016 - 07:56 PM
Haven't gotten around to testing the claw bug you reported yet, but perhaps this weekend.
11 February 2016 - 09:25 AM
11 February 2016 - 05:03 PM
The last boss difficulty is something I hope to address in a future update. The editor I use is unable to alter the scripts of Moon enemies, so I have to basically stat bloat them to compensate. There were also a few other adjustments that made the fight easier than I was expecting.
02 June 2016 - 06:22 PM