1. Edge gets super powerful really quickly near the end and it takes a bit for everyone to catch up
2. Cecil seems pretty underwhelming for most of the game. Maybe bump his damage early as a Dark Knight. His damage and utility works out really well when you have end game gear.
3. Kain feels like he's in a good spot though I never used Luck.
4. Same with Rydia, except for Flirt instead of luck.
5. Rosa is Rosa. For a large part of it she was just a healbot with a few slows/hastes/fury sent out. she seemed kinda slow compared to everyone else but i'm thinking that's just because I was using a life staff instead of her Artimis bow.
6. The pacing seemed to go really well through out the story and I really liked the changes made.
I finished at about level 50-53 on everyone. I didn't grind or look for adamant armor at all (i always hated searching for that stuff).