Reputation: 114 Excellent
- Active Posts:
- 497 (0.53 per day)
- 29-August 14
- Profile Views:
- Last Active:
- 2 hours ago
- Member Title:
- Village Drunk
- 31 years old
- September 3, 1985
- Santa Rosa, Cali
- Modding FF6. drinking beer, etc.
Topics I've Started
02 February 2017 - 10:17 AMv1.7.1
- fixed a nasty bug where there could be 3 aurora objects to start the game if there was srm data present.
- fixed a horrible mistake of the game black screening if Oak dies.
- fixed an issue of wrong formation of monsters used on the WoB triangle island.
- fixed Oboro not merging correctly into the party in Rampart pub if hired.
- fixed a bug with Mithril Pike and Handcannon not optimizing correctly. (thanks Madsiur for help)
- fixed an vanilla issue of Aurora & Cloud not showing up for a second in Returner's Hideout, after speaking with Astral event. (thanks to tenkarider for noticing this)
- fixed a bug with Leo repeating some text and taking a step backward on the ship after Levy if talked to again.
- fixed a wrong NPC in Jericho when Kefka attacks.
- fixed a song/music player entrance event issue in Jericho.
- fixed a game freezing bug and other weirdness at the end game scenes if certain people were not recruited.
- fixed a nibble issue with the Stone Queen being released.
- fixed an instance of Intercepter being on the Airship deck before going in the Phoenix Cave.
- corrected a positioning error of the airship and character on the overworld after the Phoenix Cave.
- corrected a small blunder in Kefka's Tower with an event trigger I moved for testing...
- applied Muddle Cancel patch. (credit to Seibaby)
- applied Independent Stop patch. (credit to Seibaby)
- bettered the ugly reflect graphic byproduct of color coded digits.
- moved the WoB Durandal castle up just a bit on the overworld for a smoother, more accurate underground movement path.
- touched up the Skull Train outside tiles.
- touched up the WoB Minimap graphic.
- lowered overall monster encounter rates.
- changed Volcano (Fire 3) spell graphic/animation back to original because it had some issues and went on too long.
- made it so no exp. is gained for the Aerith flashback battles.
- made the T'ai Chi Cap and Bard's Hat equipable by some, not everyone.
- edited various regular monster AI & stats for the different difficulties.
- added a few new NPCs.
- some small event edits.
- the usual dialog and song touch ups.
03 January 2017 - 01:16 PMFashionably late for the new year... Version 1.7 is out!
Notable changes include:
- implemented a music player in the menu. (thanks & credit to Madsiur)
- implemented a 4th difficulty setting. (thanks & credit to Madsiur)
- implemented an alternate font selection in config menu. (thanks & credit to Madsiur) (credit to Dragonsbrethren for the alternate large menu font)
- all new and improved portraits. (thanks & credit to James White) The 'old' portraits are now available with a patch included in the extras folder.
- new/improved Kefka monster sprite, as well as many other improvements in the monster sprite dept. and a new sprite replacing the Gigas/Colossus. And a cool new Skeleton. (thanks & credit to James White)
- fixed an issue with the HP & MP curves not working correctly. (thanks & credit to Madsiur)
- fixed an issue of some newly recruited characters experience needed being absurdly high. (thanks & credit to Madsiur)
- fixed a possible event freeze from the original game in the Returner's Hideout. (thanks & credit to Madsiur)
- added a bunch of new item icons. (credit to the Pandora's Box team for the icons)
- added seibaby's 'Smart Cover' patch that makes True Knight users a little smarter. (thanks & credit to seibaby)
- fixed an issue with Runic where it would not bypass Reflect status for Arc, like it should, and re-worked the formula a bit - now it heals Arc for exactly what the spell would have damaged him for. Non-damaging spells like Death will heal him for nothing.
- fixed a certain NPC being called the wrong name.
- fixed a possible issue with the splash screen messing up graphically.
- fixed a possible issue of Ronan not having Galick Gun upon recruitment.
- fixed an issue with a couple rare monster encounters having songs that would prevent the map music from coming back in after.
- fixed two fusoya palette issues in avalon's dream sequence.
- fixed a very small graphical issue with a map tile going through a character during an event.
- fixed an issue of the timer possibly being removed from the crumbling house event.
- prevented Astral (doll item/guest character) from being used during Avalon's dream event.
- corrected a wrong palette for Summon animation.
- applied patch to fix issue with Throw taking a step back if enemy jumps. (credit to LeetSketcher)
- brought back a flute instrument that was somehow erased.
- gave Aerith a Relic to prevent instant death, which could possibly happen to her in her Flashback battles.
- added 4 more Rare Items, with no real use, just for story-related reasoning.
- changed some of the spells that Runic can absorb. For instance Hyperdrive can no longer be absorbed.
- removed the extra flashes from Ronan's Guillotine Flash animation to hopefully cut back on the seizures.
- Nerfed Osmose.
- applied Status Unknown patch by LeetSketcher (credit to him)
- made Float spell single target only. Muahahaha, deal with it!
- made Sylph esper cast float on the entire party as well as heal HP.
- removed random encounters from Owzer's Mansion basement after that event is done.
- edited a bunch of dialog.
- applied a Rage reset code made by Think0028 so monster status does not stack on death. (thanks and credit to Think)
- fixed an issue of instrument overflow causing song glitches for Undertale Bonetrousle.
- fixed an issue with Tritoch sprite missing a piece of it's tail. (credit to bydoless)
- fixed an issue with chocobo sprite in Auction House being blocked by other sprites.
- Tentacle can be dodged now.
- Arise and Curaga can also be learned from Odin.
- added FF6j Relic indicators (credit to Novalia Spirit)
- touched up a few songs.
- Cerburus is now included in the ending scene, if Oboro was re-recruited in the WoR.
- Changed 2 of the custom wallpaper/window backgrounds to FFV and FFMQ ones. (credit to James White) Also, added a patch in the 'extras' folder that will swap in 7 different window backgrounds.
- Simplified (hopefully) some of the Combo (Blitz) input commands. Sorry to those of you who've memorized them...
A huge thank you to both Madsiur and James White for many of the nice features this latest version has to offer! Madsiur with the assembly coding of some really nice additions as well as fixes, and James' excellent spritework. This is a nice way to start of the new year indeed. Thanks for playing and let us know how you enjoy this latest version or report any issues etc.
Mike (Gi Nattak) & Team.
03 September 2016 - 01:16 PMv1.6.1
- fixed an issue with different difficulties status menus reading incorrectly (credit & thanks to Madsiur)
- fixed an issue with the Esper Restriction patch that I caused putting up garbage text and exiting out of skill menus.
- fixed an issue with a couple glitchy monster attack animations.
- re-removed Oboro's equipment at the end of the fire house events in case he has an esper equipped.
- possibly fixed up some weird spell learned % issues by removing a few treasures that were exceeding their designated RAM range into an area that might be used now for spell learning, or something...but I'm not sure yet.
- nerfed some boss speeds down a bit for the nATB patch.
Hopefully the issues brought up thus far for v1.6 are all better now, I did test but didn't do a super thorough job. So keep me posted please! And now if you'll excuse me, it's my birthday and I'm off to do some drinking.
22 August 2016 - 05:53 PMVersion 1.6 is out
(check download page)
- implemented a difficulty selection feature upon new game or new game + each difficulty effects monster stats, character HP & MP growth, seperate experience curves, and monster AI alterations. (thanks and credit to Madsiur)
- re-balanced many monsters as a result of this new difficulty selection.
- alphabetized the Spirit (Rage) menu. (thanks to assassin for the original code)
- replaced the FF7 Boss Theme with a much better version by Jackimus. (thanks and credit to Jackimus)
- fixed a pricing bug with the White Cape.
- fixed an issue with guest characters showing up over Otis sprite in the event of going to Zuriel's Tower.
- fixed a possible boss skip issue in Kefka's Tower, from the original game.
- fixed a bug with True Knight Relic function neglecting the characters that act as monsters. (thanks to a patch by assassin)
- fixed a small NPC issue with the hermit looking to the right for a split second when he should just face down.
- fixed a bad palette for palette 6 characters on the Dream Shrine map (Sealed Gate).
- fixed an NPC who did not do her automated walking script after an event in Jericho (flower girl).
- fixed an issue of Reaper becoming Mr. Grimm in the Dream Shrine Train battle by removing Mr. Grimm from it.
- MP costing weapons now scale based on character level. (thanks and credit to Synchysi)
- nerfed Ronan's Wolf Wind and Ice Blast spells - Ice Blast no longer ignores split damage but is a bit stronger, Wolf Wind damage nerfed a bit.
- replaced a couple songs, and touched up a few.
- raised Havoc skill hit % a bit.
- corrected a couple Spirit (Rage) descriptions.
- changed Catastrophe's regular animation to resemble most of the removed custom Break spell.
- Arc's Talisman relic now protects against Condemned status, & 50% damage reduction from Holy element.
- Holy Amulet now blocks holy element, but weak to poison element.
- Specter dance spell inflicts Condemned status now as well.
- Monster spell Primal Rage inflicts Berserk now instead of Slow.
- re-worked monster palettes, now there are no duplicate/shared monster palettes at all.
- Cloud can now equip heavy armor.
- added nine new monsters: Assassin, Polong, Kelpie, Biter, Mugger, Elder Dragon, Ice Demon, Dark Crystal, Ghostbiker.
- changed a couple treasures inside the Magitek Factory.
- changed a few monster names.
- changed the name of Magi Ring to Oracle Ring.
And please be sure to take a look in the 'extra' folder that is included in the hack package, especially the character artwork & info pages done by James White, for they are incredible and awesome! The rest of the instruction manual that's in the works will be done at a later time.
There was a possible bug reported with FuSoYa's spell list going crazy with the spell % right around the Floating Continent, but I was unable to replicate it after much testing, so I'm just going to release this and should it become a thing I'll get back on that. Please enjoy this awesome update and especially the difficulty selection! Thanks be to James White, Madsiur, and Jackimus for helping out & putting in work for this update! And also Synchysi for sharing some code dealing with the MP costing weapons.
Please keep me/us posted how it goes, I did a bunch of testing but this was a pretty large update.
13 August 2016 - 05:59 PMI had a long-time player of the hack report this to me the other day, he is playing from a freshly patched correct version ROM from the beginning with no cheats or anything like that, and he reported this issue with FuSoYa's spells being lost, and a bunch of ones he shouldn't have showing random %, but I can't seem to reproduce it at all using his save. I had fixed similar issue of what turned out to be shared RAM which when something else used it, the spell list did this, but I can't seem to figure out this one at all. Has anyone else who's played the latest 1.5.5 version noticed anything like this? It happened to him right after the rise of the Floating Continent, he noticed it at the IAF battle.
pic of issue: http://imgur.com/a/N74bv
Like I say I've tried everything I could think of to trigger this but to no avail, I've tried learning other spells, gaining levels, applying stat tabs, completing optional side quests, but nothing. I'd like to get this squared away before releasing 1.6!